IMPORTANT NOTE: We ask that you ship your entries in the most economical way possible, (USPS Priority Mail, UPS Ground, FedEx Ground). There is no need to pay extra for expedited shipping. If you have concerns about your entry making it on time, please call us at 1-800-697-1566.
Returning entrants: Please note rule #6 has changed, and only 1 entry is allowed per entrant.
4th Annual Colorado 420 Tie-Dye Cup Rules:
Overview: The Colorado 420 Tie Dye Cup is a competition intended to recognize and award prizes to Tie Dye Artists.
The competition is run by Colorado Wholesale Dye Corp.
How to Enter: Send your Original Tie-Dyed work to:
Colorado Wholesale Dye Corp.
5682 S Cedar St.
Littleton, CO 80120
You pay for mailing your entry to us. There are no entry fees. You retain ownership of your entries, we will mail them back to you at our expense once the contest is over.
You can submit one item. Limit two entries per household.
With your entry, we require you to include a letter with your name, return address, e-mail address and phone number. We would also like, but do not require, you to include a website or other public contact information, a short biography of you as a tie-dye artist or a description of your entry. If your item is displayed to the public, we will include this information with your piece so that the public can contact you if they’d like to make a purchase of your tie dye art. (please let us know if you would rather remain anonymous)
1. Competition is open to original tie dye artists producing original works of tie dye on fabric. Tie Dye works must have been produced by the entrant.
2. Fabric must be of cotton, linen, rayon, or other cellulose based fibers, or silk.
3. Dyes used must be reactive type dyes.
4. Entrants do not have to be customers of Colorado Wholesale Dye Corp. Employees or direct relatives of employees of Colorado Wholesale Dye Corp. are not eligible.
5. Entries accepted starting January 1st, 2018, and closing April 20th, 2018. Late entries will be accepted, but will NOT qualify for People's Choice awards.
6. All entries will be entered into one single general category, regardless of wearability or hangability. Special awards will be awarded at time of contest completion. Special awards will include, but are not limited to:
- Top Hangable
- Top Wearable
- Best Use Of Color
- Best Of Show
There will be more special award catagorys. All special awards will be announced at competition completion.
7. Many prizes will be awarded in the main and special categories and one winner overall may win a “best of show” category.
Winners will be awarded prizes in shop credit to be used on our online store. Each winner will also receive an award stating the category won, and be allowed to use the Colorado 420 Tie Dye Cup Award Winner in their tie dye marketing. Award recipients will be determined by anonymous judges appointed by Colorado Wholesale Dye, Corp. and seperatly by Public voting.
8. Winners will be declared in early May, 2018. Winners will be notified via email and winning tie dyes and all entries will be displayed on our Colorado Wholesale Dye Website and Facebook page.
9. Colorado Wholesale Dye Corp reserves the right to award prizes depending upon quantity and quality of entries. As the fourth year of hopefully a long continuing tradition of this contest, we hold a high standard for the “Best Of Show” award for now and future contests. We reserve the right to not award a “Best of Show” award if we feel we have not received an entry that qualifies - we really want to award this prize so PLEASE send us some Fantastic Entries!
10. Colorado Wholesale Dye Corp. reserves the right to use images of all entries in any way it deems appropriate in perpetuity without limitation or compensation to the entrant.
11. Colorado Wholesale Dye Corp. reserves the right to modify and change rules as it deems appropriate to the spirit of the contest.
12. Colorado Wholesale Dye Corp. will not be liable for lost, misdirected, damaged, destroyed, or stolen entry’s whether loss occurs before, during, or after the contest.