IMPORTANT NOTE: We ask that you ship your entries in the most economical way possible, (USPS Priority Mail, UPS Ground, FedEx Ground). There is no need to pay extra for expedited shipping. If you have concerns about your entry making it on time, please call us at 1-800-697-1566.
6th Annual Colorado 420 Tie-Dye Cup Rules:
Overview: The Colorado 420 Tie Dye Cup is a competition intended to recognize and award prizes to Tie Dye Artists.
The competition is run by Colorado Wholesale Dye Corp.
How to Enter:
Send your Original Tie-Dyed work to:
Colorado Wholesale Dye Corp.
5682 S Cedar St.
Littleton, CO 80120
You pay for mailing your entry to us. There are no entry fees. You retain ownership of your entries, we will mail them back to you at our expense once the contest is over.
You can submit one item. Limit two entries per household.
With your entry, you can include 2 notes. The first is required, and the second is optional. The first note is required information in order for us to award prizes, return your entry once the contest is complete, and contact if necessary. On this note, please include your name, return address, e-mail address and phone number. From this information, we will only publish the name provided with your entry. Please let us know if you would rather remain anonymous.
On your second note, we encourage, (but do not require) you to provide information visible to the public. You may include a website or other public contact information, a short biography of you as a tie-dye artist, a description of your entry or any other information you would like to provide. We will include this information with your piece so that the public can contact you if they’d like to make a purchase of your tie dye art.
1. Competition is open to original tie dye artists producing original works of tie dye on fabric. Tie Dye works must have been produced by the entrant.
2. Fabric must be of cotton, linen, rayon, or other cellulose based fibers, or silk.
3. Dyes used must be reactive type dyes.
4. Entrants do not have to be customers of Colorado Wholesale Dye Corp. Employees or direct relatives of employees of Colorado Wholesale Dye Corp. are not eligible.
5. Entries accepted starting January 31st, 2020, and entry window closes on Wednesday, April 15th, 2020. Late entries may be accepted, but may not qualify for People's Choice awards.
6. All entries will be entered into one single general competition, regardless of wearability or hangability. Special awards will be awarded at time of contest completion. Special awards may include, but are not limited to:
- Top Hangable
- Top Wearable
- Best Use Of Color
- Best Of Show
There may be more special award catagorys. All special awards will be announced at competition completion.
7. Many prizes will be awarded in the main and special categories and one winner overall may win a “best of show” category. Prizes will be awarded in the form of shop credit to be used at Colorado Wholesale Dye. Each winner will receive an award stating the category won, and be allowed to use the Colorado 420 Tie Dye Cup Award Winner in their tie dye marketing. Awards will be determined by anonymous judges appointed by Colorado Wholesale Dye, Corp. and also by Public voting. There will be 2 top 5's for the general competition: Judge's Choice top 5 and People's Choice top 5.
8. In order to have your entry judged, we must hold onto it until after our People's Choice voting is complete. In the interest of reducing environmental impact, we prefer to send back entries to entrants with orders received using shop credit prizes. If you need your entry back sooner, contact us and we will accomidate you the best we can.
9. Winners will be declared in early May, 2020. Winners will be notified by email and winning tie dyes and all entries will be displayed on our Colorado Wholesale Dye Facebook page.
10. Colorado Wholesale Dye Corp reserves the right to award prizes depending upon quantity and quality of entries. Going into the sixth year of this contest, we hold a high standard for the “Best Of Show” award for now and future contests. We reserve the right to not award a “Best of Show” award if we feel we have not received an entry that qualifies - we really want to award this prize so PLEASE send us your most fantastic entries!
11. Colorado Wholesale Dye Corp. reserves the right to use images of all entries in any way it deems appropriate in perpetuity without limitation or compensation to the entrant.
12. Colorado Wholesale Dye Corp. reserves the right to modify and change rules as it deems appropriate to the spirit of the contest.
13. Colorado Wholesale Dye Corp. will not be liable for lost, misdirected, damaged, destroyed, or stolen entry’s whether loss occurs before, during, or after the contest.