People's choice voting is over - Thank you everyone who voted! We're gathering together the results and expect to begin contacting everyone on Monday 11/28.
2022 Colorado Tie-Dye Cup Information & Rules
Please read complete information & rules
Overview: The Colorado 420 Tie Dye Cup is a competition intended to recognize and award prizes to Tie Dye Artists.
The competition is run by Colorado Wholesale Dye Corp.
Dates to know at a glance:
Phase 1 digital submissions: due by Oct 31, 2022
Phase 1 People's Choice voting: a few days after Oct 31 thru Nov 20, 2022
Phase 2 Judges Choice Physical Submission: Call tags will begin being sent Nov 21, deadline for shipping is Dec 3, 2022
Results announced later in December
Phase 1: People’s Choice - Digital Submission & Contest
Phase 1 will consist of submitting entries via photo by email. People’s Choice voting will be conducted via online poll, from November 4~ 2022 until November 20, 2022. All top vote scores will move on to the next phase.
Voting score is based just as much on 'quality of vote' as it is 'quantity of vote'.
Send the best photo of your entry, along with the following information, to:
- Name (let us know if you want to remain anonymous)
- Business Name (Optional)
- Public contact info (Website, Etsy, Instagram etc.) (Optional)
One entry per person. Limit two entries per household.
Entries for Phase 1 will be accepted until October 31, 2022. No late digital submissions will be considered.
Phase 2: Physical Submission and Judge’s Choice Voting
Phase 2 will consist of sending physical entries to Colorado Wholesale Dye for in person Judge’s Choice voting. To make it to phase 2, you must have one of the top vote scores from the People’s Choice poll. Any submission that continues to Phase 2 is required to be submitted physically. Colorado Wholesale Dye will provide submission and return shipping for all entries that reach this stage, via UPS call tag.
At this stage, we will reach out via e-mail and request information necessary for shipping.
Submission and Return Address
Phase 2 physical submissions must be shipped before December 3, 2022. No physical submissions sent after this date will be considered.
At this stage, we will conduct the Judge's Choice poll. Physical entries will be returned, and the winners of the 2022 Tie Dye Cup will be announced mid to late December.
1. Competition is open to original tie dye artists producing original works of tie dye on fabric. Tie Dye works must have been produced by the entrant.
2. There are no entry fees. You retain ownership of your entry. One entry per person. Limit two entries per household.
3. Fabric must be of cotton, linen, rayon, or other cellulose based fibers, or silk.
4. Dyes used must be Fiber Reactive Dyes. If a piece is received and is found to be inauthentic, or dyed without the use of Fiber Reactive Dyes, it will be immediately disqualified and returned.
5. Employees or direct relatives of employees of Colorado Wholesale Dye Corp. are not eligible.
6. Digital Entries for Phase 1 will be accepted until October 31, 2022. Physical entries for Phase 2 must be sent before or on December 3, 2022. No late submissions will be considered.
7. Please submit an authentic photograph that is a true representation of your entry and not digitally enhanced. In the event that an entry has made it to Phase 2 physical delivery and is found to be significantly different than photo previously provided, it will be disqualified.
8. Photos submitted may be cropped or resized for maximum tie-dyeification. No other alterations or enhancements will be made by Colorado Wholesale Dye Corp.
9. Phase 1 People’s Choice voting will run from November 5, 2022 thru November 20, 2022. Top results of People’s Choice will be publicly revealed at complete contest end.
10. All entries must be on hand and shippable via UPS Ground Call Tag. International entrants and AK/HI will be shipped via USPS. We will not provide oversized, expedited or freight shipping.
11. All entries will be entered into one single general competition. Special awards may be awarded at time of Judges Choice completion.
12. Prizes will be awarded in the form of shop credit to be used at Colorado Wholesale Dye, with no cash value, and prize will expire on January 1st 2024. Award placement will be determined by judges appointed by Colorado Wholesale Dye, Corp. and also by Public voting. There will be separate groups of winners for both Judge's Choice and People's Choice.
13. In the interest of reducing environmental impact and reducing boxes that will be shipped, we prefer to send back entries to entrants with orders placed using shop credit prizes. If you need your entry back sooner, contact us and we will accommodate.
14. Winners will be declared in December 2022. Winners will be notified via email and all entries will be displayed on our Colorado Wholesale Dye Facebook page.
15. Colorado Wholesale Dye Corp. reserves the right to use images of all entries in any way it deems appropriate in perpetuity without limitation or compensation to the entrant.
16. Colorado Wholesale Dye Corp. reserves the right to modify and change rules, and time and dates as it deems appropriate to the spirit of the contest.
17. Colorado Wholesale Dye Corp. will not be liable for lost, misdirected, damaged, destroyed, or stolen entry’s whether loss occurs before, during, or after the contest.